Monday, February 26, 2007

Just Chatter....No Pictures

After watching the Oscars tonight, and listening to all the touching speeches (*loved* Kate Hudson's speech, wow!) I really just wanted to write down a few things that I am blessed to have in *my* life. I feel like the idea has been sitting in me all week, after talking with various different people going through different events in their lives, I decided that it was time to think about and write down some things that I am very thankful for. No pictures today, but I will be taking a LOT this week....so stay tuned ;)

So in point form, here are some things I am so very thankful for this week! :) I encourage anyone reading this to do the same. If you have a blog, write it out!! If you have a neighbor who did something kind for you recently, send them a thank you card. Time to show some appreciation :)

* I am so blessed to have my man. He has been with me for so many years, and loves me for who I am. What more could I ask for? He has given me 2 beautiful children, and he takes care of us, and loves us tons.

* I have to thank God for my kids!!!!! I've wanted them for as long as I can remember! I was 15 and just wanted to have kids so badly, now I do :) They teach me so much, and I love seeing my family and Rene's family in them, and how unique they really are. So different, and I love them very much. There's nothing sweeter then hearing them say that they love me.

* My family. So much to be thankful for in this department. I love that I have a sister who lives near me, and a mother who doesn't mind talking to me on the phone almost every day. Sometimes 3x in one day! I have a *HUGE* extended family, and I love that my children know so many of their cousins, and aunts, uncles, and grandparents :)

* Where I live, is often taken for granted I'm sure. But hearing about the way women live in other parts of the world seems surreal, yet it *is* real! I am so blessed to have been born in Canada, and that's something I don't stop to say often enough. I should remember this when I'm having a bad day, that there are women out there, who are tortured, and abused....with their children watching, and how awful that must feel.

* I am very fortunate to have so many great friends around. There's the friend to call when I have "kid problems" the friend to call for Husband advice! The friend to share coffee with, a friend to shop with :) Online friends too...... there's something to be said about friendships! My best friend, Adrienne. I can't imagine not having her part of my life (SO ADRIENNE, YOU GOTTA MOVE CLOSER SOON!! hehheheheh)

.......okay I'm feeling rather moooshy now. But it is important to stop and thank God for what we have, and to thank those close to us for all that they give to us. I am thankful for my health, my children's health. I hope to have many more years with my parents, and siblings. So have a great Monday, and thank YOU for visiting my blog today!

1 comment:

~Treenie~ said...

Hi Adrienne!

My sis said you were going to call me tonight concerning the pictures, and I just figured I would let you know that I am home all day tomorrow (Tues) if you wanted to call. I am really looking forward to seeing what kind of pics you were able to take!

Talk to you soon,
Katrina