Monday, December 11, 2006

14 More Sleeps!!

We had a nice weekend. The weather was excellent for sledding with the kids. I can't believe how tough they become in the cold snow, but man, Jaden will spend HOURS outside with red, wrists and nose, and not complain at all. Avery is also a trooper out there! I guess it is just me who would rather be inside cuddled up in a quilt, reading a book then outside in the cold. But I appreciate the fresh air, and love seeing the kids giggle nervously as they go down the hill over and over again. Saturday I took them to the mall to see Santa. I asked Alix to come along in case we'd be in line for a long time.. but actually, there was no line. IN fact, there were no tears, or anything! We were in and out of there in 5 minutes. Kinda boring actually....lol. All Avery asked for was Lipstick "Santa, pwease bring me lipstick, I don't have any, and my mommy doesn't share hers" ha ha, and Jaden asked for a new race car track (which is news to me!) and said "Because I have a cool one, but It's lost in our basement somewhere" Sheesh.... I had to laugh. Because things moved along so fast, Alix and I figured we'd go to BP's with the kids. It was fun, and I took a few pictures :) I also took a few pictures of the deer outside her apartment, just laying by the road in the trees, having an afternoon nap. These are 2 different deer.




Yup, and then it will be Christmas...14 more sleeps! This year will be different for us, because Rene has to work. I was torn as what to do this year. I really couldn't imagine being home all day on Christmas eve and all day on Christmas home with the my two kids, while Rene was at work. He could possibly be only working until noon those days, but it's also possible that he'll be working 16hr days. There is no way to know for sure...so with his encouragement, we decided that I'll go to Plamondon a few days before Christmas, and come back to Whitecourt Christmas day (I really don't like the idea of spending Christmas Day/Jaden's birthday driving..) but this was the best we could come up with. We'll be able to spend Christmas night with Rene (hopefully) and then go back to Plamondon Friday morning when Rene goes off shift. No plans for New Years, but I would like to do something :) I can't wait to see the friends and family that I only see a few times a year, Adrienne JP and Easton are going to be in Plamonond for a week, and I can't wait to spend some time with them!! Everyone keeps asking "Are you ready for Christmas?" My answer is sure.... I still have a few gifts to buy and wrap, and some pictures to take. I need to mail off Christmas cards....but it's all coming along. Anyways, wow, if you are still reading this (loooong post huh?) heheheh
Have a good Monday, make it count :)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like mother like daughter. Elora