Saturday, August 05, 2006

I have discovered GROOVY GIRLS!

Oh My!

I spent the evening at my friend Ang's tonight. Her daughter Brooke is now 6. Her and her friend were so bored, and I thought I would be a help if I could get them out of the adults way, and get them playing something in the bedroom. And so I met THE Groovy Girls... OMG, why didn't they have these when I was little? For anyone who doesn't know what they are, I'd say it's a mix between dolls and barbies, and so cool! From the furniture, to the clothes, and accessories, I played with these dolls way longer then I planned. Love how the accessories aren't so small that they get lost, everything is kind of super sized. It was so fun, getting down at their level...and listening to how they played their girls. We pretended to have a movie night...and Brooke says "Oh girls, I totally forgot my lipstick, what guy will want to kiss me without lipstick?" lol.... where do they get this stuff? It was adorable, and I got to see how innocent, and pure little girls are. If only we could keep them at this stage longer then they actually do, and protect them from the bad in the world. I realized that these girls are 6. Not all girls are as lucky as them, to have these types of toys to play with... It's sad, there are girls this age who are in the middle of war, poverty, violence... yet here we were playing, in a warm house, right after a warm supper. I'm so happy to be living in Canada, and proud to be raising my own kids, sheltered from all of that. I want to give them a childhood, a darn good one at that! And that scary stuff doesn't only happen outside of Canada. I am still shaken at the pedophile, Whitmore, who took off with 2 young boys. This happened in a small town of 1,000... and way too close to home.

wow, enough with the rambling... sorry, feeling somewhat emotional tonight I guess! heehee.... I'll write about happier things tomorrow!

Adrienne

No comments: