Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HAPPY CANADA DAY!




July 1st. What an awesome day we had! The weather was SO HOT, and we had some great company to share the day with. We met at Alphy and Maureen's for lunch, where we met up with Alcide, Tracy and Jeremy. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. We all met up again at the Rotary Park to take in some of the activities. They had a petting zoo, climbing wall, a huge inflatable bouncy thing for the kids, and the new feature, just added to the park: A HUGE outdoor waterslide! It is very neat. And meant to take a tube down it. There were people everywhere, and it was a big hit! We didnt' bring the kids' suits, so we just sat back and watched, and let them get their toes wet. It was a fun day that ended great when we took in the fireworks. Jaden and Avery managed to keep their eyes open just long enough to watch them with us, and they loved to point out what colors they saw =) Dorien and Nat also joined us with Nat's family, it was a really nice evening!
At 12:30 that day, I did sneak away to Haze Tattoos. I won a contest to get a free Maple Leaf tattoo!!! So ya know what, it didn't take much convincing! I've always wanted a Tattoo, but was never sure on what to get and where. I wanted it to be meaningful, and something I could live with forever. I'm so proud to be a Canadian, and truly believe we live in the best country in the world. So I felt good going in there. I was *extremely* nervous... and so not sure where to put it. But decided I could just 'suck it up' and get it on the top of my foot where the guy told me "it might hurt a lot there?!" Guys: It wasn't that bad at all!!! Having babies is 100X worse! For those that don't have one, it's like getting stung by a bee over and over. So it's not comfortable, but really easy to tolerate (not sure I could sit there for over an hr though. This one only took 10 minutes)and once it's done, it's done! I had no idea what to expect, and thought it might hurt for a week or something. But it's not that way at all. So I will be going back =) Just not sure again on what/when/where.
It was a memorable day for me to say the least.
Today we put a Sale Sign in the window of our house. 3hrs later, we got our first phone call asking how much. Yeaaaaaaaaah... I hope we sell it easily and quickly. Time will tell. I've posted an updated picture of the new house.
Okay, I've really rambled on tonight, sorry bout that! Still too hot to go to bed...but better go try. Morning always seems to come sooner then I'd like.
Not going to look for spelling errors, sorry if there are any, or if something doesn't make sense. G'night!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox



No comments: