Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MUST KNOW {COLOR}

I did a maternity session last week, and when everything was done, we loaded the session onto her computer to look at. I was starting to worry that none of the pictures were properly exposed! I was beginning to freak out and worry that I didn't take ONE good picture, and that I would be doing a lot of work on them in Photoshop.... we then opened my blog and I quickly realized that it wasn't the pictures, it was actually her monitor, and colors on her screen. I was a bit surprised that she hired me, after seeing my work on her computer! lol.... so I thought I better bring it to everyone's attention that not all monitors will show things the same way. I know this too because last year I had a really old monitor, and after buying a new one... I went back to see some pictures I posted on the web to find they were all extremely overexposed. My monitor was dark so I was over compensating. A big mess anyway. SOOOO if things don't look 'right' on your computer, please take the time to check it out somewhere else and see if you can 'see' a difference! My prints that come back from the lab are really close to how they look on my monitor.... but if anyone has a concern, please do not hesitate to talk to me about it!! :)

No comments: