Thursday, January 18, 2007

*Update* On Photography Class

Thank God the roads were good last night! It was a nice drive, and Rene just put 4 new tires on the van, and a new battery. I was good to go, besided the fact that my spedometer was broken!? So I had no idea how fast I was driving, which is a bit freaky! It's going in tomorrow to be fixed.

As for the class........AWESOME-AWESOME-AWESOME!!! It's perfect for what I need right now :) I hit Kingsway before going to NAIT since I had a few hrs to spare. I got suckered into Gymboree because I had 50.00 in gymbucks to use :) Can't make this a habit! I drove over to NAIT, and just so happened to park at the closest stall to the closest door to the classroom. It was a fluke, as some people said they walked through the entire building in order to find it! Yikes!!! There are 18 of us I believe, and our instructor has the same brand of camera as I do (Canon) so that is cool... our functions are pretty much the same, although her camera is way more pro then mine. We covered everything that I thought we would cover in the whole 5 weeks in that first class! She taught us all about: Shutter speeds, ISO, Aperture/f/stops, DOF, and Compesition. The girl sitting on one side of me had the same camera as me, so we helped eachother out, that was nice. There were all kinds of cameras in the room...even a 3.2 megapixel point and shoot! I'm giving you all this info, knowing you might not understand all that I'm saying, which is important in way. A lot of people think they can pick up a "good" camera, and "anyone" can take good pictures. This isn't really true. There is a lot to understand and know in order to correctly expose your pictures, and then there are many ways of making a picture feel right, rather then odd. So hearing someone say "Your camera takes good pictures..." while a good camera might help, you must understand how to use your camera and understand photography in order to take the awesome pictures. It is the photographer who takes the awesome shot, consistantly.

I am really excited to look at the homework, and work on it this week. Next class we move into the studio's (3 of them) where we will be working with lights, reflectors, backdrops, props, and various lenses! I can't wait....it's well worth the money, I can tell already!

I want to thank you guys for all the kind comments you have left on my blog or by email. Your support is appreciated :)

No comments: