Monday, December 18, 2006

Yikes, only a week left!

That is freaky!!! I HAVE TO FINISH MY CHRISTMAS CARDS TODAY!!!! The clock is ticking, and it's going to be a busy week for everyone I'm sure. Tomorrow we are having our house appraised, I'm anxious to hear what it's worth on the market right now. We are seriously going to consider a move in early 2007. Rene is "helper parent" tomorrow at playschool for the first time. Jaden is so excited to have his daddy at school. Rene is sort of thinking it will be fun, but they will be practicing for their concert which is Wednesday. I wish I could be there to see him singing along side of Jaden ;) After school we are heading into the city. Plan to meet up with my uncle Charlie and Kelly, who I haven't seen in *forever* Hope to get some cool pictures of him and I since we are 1st cousins, and very close in age. We are treating ourselves to an early Christmas gift from Rene's dad, and staying at West Ed with the kids. The African room, bunkbeds included...I'm looking forward to the bathing suit, jacuzzi soak...lot's of bubbles, and the kids squeeling.. ha ha ha. Tuesday we'll finish up our Christmas shopping, we have to pick up a few things for other people :) God I love shopping...I don't care if i have my husband and kids with me. Shopping is so damn fun! Retail therapy....perfect way to cure my stress headache ;) We had a good weekend, today we had, this is what he's been calling it: his "Birthday REAL party" since his actual birthday isn't until Christmas day. We went to the bowling alley, and he invited 6 friends to come. I love going there for birthdays, it's affordable, and so cool for the kids. But best of all, the mess stays there :) He got some awesome gifts, and was such a gentlemen, remembering to say thank you for presents, and thank you's to everyone who was able to make it. Nat was also able to come (Dorien's gf...)turned Fiance!!! Yup, saw the diamond to prove it too! She's glowing, and we are so happy for them. I told Jaden that Dorien and Nat would have a wedding and get married. He responded with "Then they can have kids!!" :) How come he knows the order of things at the age of 4 heheheh cool! Aunty Alix came as well, and surprised jaden with a HUGE, (no kidding it's HUUUUUUGE) race car track. He loves it! Mommy and daddy..hmmm well it sure takes up a good half of our basement! lol.... naw, it's aweomse, and he'll really enjoy it :)

What else happened this weekend? Oh! Alix offered to babysit Saturday night, and after much persuading to Rene that we needed some 'couple time' we went to a pub for a few drinks. We decided to try our luck with a 20 in the vlt, and my first spin, I won 140.00!! Saweeeeeeeeet :)

A not so great highlight was going to Canadian Tire for my dad. OMG, I thought I was going to kill someone! I am the first one to TRULY appreciate and say so when I get good customer service, but trust me, I am also equally unappreciative with rude, and inconsiderate customer service reps. After being in that store for 2 hours!!! WAITING for the manager to dispute a *sale* for my dad... anyways, i got the tools from i think it was 299.99 for 89.00, it was worth it. I also got 32.00 Canadian tire dollars out of it lol. But daddy, you OWE me big time still!!! I'm thinking 10.00 in the vlt's when I'm down there for Christmas ;) hehehhe jk.

Anyone watch Survivor tonight? Holy man, it was the most borring finale ever. However I had a good laugh when it was down to the final 4, and the 2 girls had to start fire as a tie breaker. I can't even begin to explain what all happened, but i think it was like 2 hours later, after attempting with flint/metal.... to a box of matches. WHO one girl RAN OUT OF... can you believe that?? Oi, it was funny. Maybe it looks easier then it is?

Okie dokie....it's past midnight, I have to get some shut eye. Have a wonderful week everyone, hope to post once more before leaving for Plamondon on Friday. I can't believe 2007 is around the corner.... it's been a BIG year for me, what might this year to come bring???

(Sorry for such a long post, thx for coming by! Let me know if you peeked at this in my comments area)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey adg, awesome pics, they look dark on here though. Hope you had fun in Edmonton, sorry for the message on your phone, I forgot you were going. And great on the registration, Yippie, then you can tell me, lol. God can you believe Christmas is only a week away. Sheesh, Anyways call me if you have a chance, byeee and take care, Tanya