Friday, November 17, 2006

Life's Just not Fair

I did it! I mean I got up at 5:15am, bundled up and went to Walmart and stood in line to buy a Playstation 3. Unfortunately for me, and a few others....it didn't work out. To make a long story short, the Night Manager took it upon himself and gave out 4 tickets for the only 4 Playstation games that they got. For some unknown reason as of now, he gave 2 away at 5pm yesterday!? And then at 1:30am walked outside....and all those waiting, were in their vehicles. Nobody was in line. He waved them around, and it was the first 2 guys who ran up to him that got em. Needless to say that when the head manager came to work in the morning, she told us that it was first come/first serve...so when the one guy told her what happened, she was not happy, but there really wasn't anything she could do. I stayed until opening anyways..."just in case" but we sat and watched as the 4 got bought. I'm 3rd on a waiting list, so if they get the next 4 they expected to get...I'll get one, maybe. If they don't 'lose' the list. I hope this guy who handed them out gets fired...I mean there really should be some organization to ensure that these machines are given out fairly. They advertised for 8:00am today....like we all hate to hear it, Life's not fair. It was interesting....met some neat people, exchanged email addresses, and it's something crazy I did this year. It was also cold...but worth it even if I didn't get one. I was really only buying one to turn around and sell it on ebay (One sold last night for over 6,000.00!!!) But I think even the hardcore gamers were going to do the same, then buy one later in 2007 when they release more.
On to something different, we are going to Plamondon for the weekend. Kinda spur of the moment. The kids have been asking to go see Papa, and he and Rene are off. I never posted this, but a few nights after our van was broken into, Rene went to leave for work to find his rear window on the truck had been smashed. Lovely. I hate that people are doing this....and with Rene working 2 night shifts this week, I haven't slept too much. I hope it stops here. Alix is going to stay at our house while we are gone, so I feel a bit better about leaving town.
Gonna post a few recent pictures of the kids, playing in the snow with our friends, Brooke and Hunter. Also Jaden went on a field trip last week to the Vet Clinic, so some pics of that too..unedited....just wanted to share :) Have a good weekend everybody!
Avery doesn't look too impressed!

Jaden holding up a tape worm they took out of a dog....ucky!

I think he had just as much fun riding on a school bus for the first time, as he did at the Vet Clinic! lol...

No comments: