Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What a Day...

So much going on... my head is spinning. If you know me well, you know I like to put it all out there, and then I feel better. So this blog I have is meant to vent, praise, discuss, argue, and so on. It's my own personal therapy. If somebody reads this, that's fine... if you don't...that's fine too. So my news for the day:

Well, first off.... I had all kinds of odd dreams this week. Last night was no different, and my super husband let me sleep in this morning... and I didn't wake up until 10:45!!! I can NOT remember the last time I slept so long! Crazy!! When I woke up, got ready and started to make lunch for everyone, I was still tired. So the gears started to turn (dreams about babies this week, talking about baby names, being so tired, life is so crazy, what usually happens? I felt nauseous smelling shampoo this morning.... GREAT!) I figured that I must be pregnant. How could this happen? (well... you know what i mean..) So i share my thoughts with Rene, and he's all "well you wanted another baby, maybe now's a good time... GOOD TIME?!?!?!?!" So i couldn't help myself...made an excuse that we needed some bread and cheese, and I went to Walmart to pick up a test, or 2. They should seriously consider selling these in bulk!

Right after lunch, Rene get's THE call we've been waiting for. Talisman is offering him a contracting job. Same kind of work, only he'll be contracting. He'll get paid to have a truck, so we are thrilled!!! What does this all mean to me? We can get a trailer in the spring, and camp next summer! (with a new baby?.. quick calculations... baby would be due in May... that could work..) So he's excited... and although the timing is off, we would have much preferred a job change in November or December...but oh well. So rene goes up town to look for a truck, and of course a new one will be around 45,000.00!!! C-R-A-Z-Y... our heads are spinning!!!!!!!!!

My mom calls me this afternoon with really sad/bad news. My grandma went to the city today, and was officially told that she does have breast cancer and it's in her lymphnodes (sp?) She had this last year, and I guess it has spread. So they asked that she spend the night in the city, so they can do an ultra sound tomorrow, and do more testing. I really do hope for the best, but I'm very worried that they might find that the cancer is terminal, and all over. They did mention Chemo.. but Grandma is 83, and isn't taking that well. I'm so upset, yet I know this happens to people all the time. I don't know much about cancer, and I guess now is my time to get educated. My poor grandma, it's not fair that anyone should have to go through this. The Dr. says my grandma's daughters (my mom included, and then me..) have a ONE IN TWO chances of getting breast cancer now. This is awful... and I'm still not completely absorbing this information... later.

Took the pregnancy test, and it was negative. Phewph... but always a bit of a disapointment, and any girl will tell you that. But no, it is for the best, at this time! Although a pregnancy can sometimes give you something to focus on, then you worry less about all the other things happening around you. Anyways, no May baby for sure now.

I ended the night with a Stampin Up hostess appreciation thing> It was fun... and I always like visiting with some older ladies..they are so funny, talking about their children... who are all around my age. It was a good distraction from all the chaos today.

So please, if you are reading this, say a prayer for my Grandma. I'd really appreciate it. And you know what, it wouldn't hurt, to please pray for my family too. Prayers are always welcomed...and i'm feeling rather overwelmed with my life at the moment. I'm sure tomorrow morning will feel different. I am just anxious to get over this hump, where school begins, the new job begins, and we are comfortable in our new house. I promise to say a little prayer for all of you as well. I know we aren't the only ones dealing with stress right now. G'night all... Love ya!

(still want to write about our awesome weekend, will do that tomorrow, when I can also include some pictures)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

First off yay for you being negative (at least right now). Second I found out last night about Grandma and honestly spent the whole night on and off crying. I know that she's older and honestly something like this would eventually happen but in my mind it was more like 10 years from now. Too much emotion here so I won't say more than Ron and I are praying hard. Talk with you later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Adrienne, thanks for sharing your blog with me through scrappershaven. I will keep your grandmother in my prayers as well. It is never easy when a loved one is diagnosed with cancer. If you need someone to talk to, I can always lend an ear.

I had lots of fun at the Party last night too. It's nice to meet new people and get out to do other things. My hubby has his golfing and I never seem to get out of the house that often, and we don't even have kids yet! :)